Sunday, July 27, 2008

FLAMING GORGE TRIP

Hi Everyone,

Good job on posting pictures Kim - it is fun to see the boys in their baseball uniforms. I haven't figured out the pictures yet - I think I will leave that up to you kids.

Hey Morgan - Have a great time at camp. I will be excited to hear all about it next weekend.

Now to our trip to Flaming Gorge. I hope everyone is getting excited. I can hardly believe that it is here and we will be leaving next week. Here are a few of the details that I have heard from everyone:
  • Mike and Kristy will be leaving Thursday after work, drive to Page or Kanab and the rest of the way on Friday. As of today, they will be bringing their boat. They will leave with us on Tuesday and leave Sat morning to head back home.
  • Alicia, TJ and family are going on Tuesday and leaving for home on Friday.
  • Kyle, Kristy, and Nick are going Tuesday and staying through the weekend.
  • Jenn, Fletch & family will be coming up on Wed and staying through the weekend. Fletcher is hoping to get a cast on his foot this week.
  • Kim, Mike and family are leaving Wed morning and also staying through the weekend.
  • Dad and Idon't know for sure if we can stay until Sunday yet. Should know after Tuesday.

I have the following food suggestions:

Tuesday: Lunch on the way up; Still deciding on dinner - any suggestions?

Wedensday: The Cerva Family: Egg Omlets, Hot Dogs, Spaghetti

Thursday: Davis Family & Kyle & Kristy: Cereal/Donuts, Wrap Sandwiches, Pulled Pork Sandwiches

Friday: Klinkowski Family & Mike & Kristie: Scones, Lunch, Marinated Steaks & Dutch oven potatoes

Saturday: Mom & Dad: Pancakes, Sandwiches, Hamburgers,

Sunday: Scrambled eggs, bacon or cereal or pancakes - what do you think?

Each family should bring a case of water and other drinks to share. I have large packets of orange gator-aid and I will buy lemonade to mix up in a water jug. I have a box of fruit leather, fish crackers, and a bucket of red vine licorice. I will also see what Dad can bring from work. I also have a ham that we could use for lunch meat and a turkey breast I could cook and slice for the sandwich wraps, etc.

I think it would be fun for the night you have dinner, to plan a family activity for later in the evening after dinner, fishing, etc. This would be for Wed., Thurs, and Friday. What do you think?

I haven't planned anything to float the Green River. At this point I think we will stick with boating and maybe a trip to the dam - can't miss the "dam tour"!!!

Kim and Mike have a camp chef stove and Kyle will bring his in-laws trailer. We have four camp sites - maybe we would want two more coleman stoves. We have two if need be.

Does anyone want to bring bicycles? We have our trailer if Cerva's would want to pull it our use it for packing any camping gear.

I am planning on shopping on Monday and will get together a list of things so as not to buy double of things. Let me know what snacks you are planning on bringing to share.

What else? Any comments, suggestions, or ideas?

Cost: The campsites are paid for and if the food should only be what you have to prepare for your meals. The biggest expense will be for gas for the boats. Dad and I will cover the cost for our boat. For the other two boats, I think it should be divided equally between the five families. We can try to be cost efficient on how much we travel in the boats. i.e. Do we want to go down the Gorge one day? I am thinki

No comments: